One of the main fields of work for Invent Baltics Ltd is to help promote the development of the entrepreneurial sector and environment. Under the commission of the European Commission and Estonian government agencies we have:
- Improved the availability of innovation support services in Estonia by facilitating international technology transfer (project of the Enterprise Europe Network) and bridging the gap between Estonian government agencies and companies with the help of EU innovation support programmes (in the role of Competitiveness and Innovation framework Programme (CIP) National Contact Point (NCP))
- Promoted start-ups in the realisation of their innovative business ideas by leading the training programme of the business plan competition “Ajujaht” until 2012
- Executed the action plans for space technology development in Estonia (in collaboration with Enterprise Estonia) and the Baltic States (project NordiBaltSat), as well as in wider Europe (project NanoSat), with the aim to encourage entrepreneurs make the best use of existing and emerging opportunities related to two European flagship programmes – Copernicus (formerly GMES) and Galileo – and prepare the companies for Estonia’s membership in the European Space Agency
- Counselled research & development institutions and research intensive companies in several post-Soviet countries (Russian Federation, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia) in their integration into the European Union innovation support programmes and building up respective national support structures (projects ERANIS, INNOTRANS)
- Conducted several international studies in the fields of space (for the European Space Agency) and aerospace development, biomedicine, nano-, material and information & communication technologies
Largely thanks to the above experience and cooperation projects we have built a unique and wide international network, which includes leading enterprises in their business segments, international professional associations, universities and research organisations, and business support structures in a wide variety of countries. Tight collaboration ties covering the whole Europe enable our experienced project consultant-managers quickly and effectively put together consortia for the performance of a broad array of activities / tasks.