RADIAN (Facilitating Collaboration in ReseArch and Development to Foster Further Innovation in European AeroNautics) is a multi-step project which intends to overcome the misbalance in the involvement in aviation research across Europe by identification of barriers for international collaboration in aviation research at EU level, and by subsequent development and verification of solutions and measures on level of the European regions.The main goal of RADIAN is to contribute to a vision where:
- Researchers at both universities and research organisations cooperate in a fully integrated network irrespective of its location, size and financial possibilities.
- Attention is also paid to the stronger involvement of commercial companies located in European regions with less activities in AAT, provided that they can give useful contribution, especially in niche areas.
- Europe is getting more competitive in emerging new developments (such as the Unmanned Aircraft Systems’ (UAS) market) by building new supply chains if necessary thus opening opportunities for further European commercial companies.
- All supply chains fully utilise the possibilities of new and emerging companies, especially SMEs to strengthen the competitive European position in the global fight for industrial leadership.
- The European aeronautics and air transport industry integrates organisations from the geographic Europe (beyond member states and including regions with currently less involvement) in order to provide an added value at the European scale.
Senior Consultant Mari Šavel